Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently February!

I am joining up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade for my very first Currently!



Listening:  We love Criminal Minds in our family!  It's our new t.v. show obsession.  My springer is laying here on the couch next to me sound asleep-he snores like a person!

Loving:  End of quarter means report cards!  I have spent the last 2 weeks assessing my kids so that I can feel somewhat confident in filling out our report card-ugh.  I think we spend more time assessing kids than we do getting to teach and interact with them.  How I miss the old days, sigh!

Thinking:  Oh boy, February is such a busy month!  We have Groundhog's Day, 100th Day, Valentine's Day, Dental Health, President's Day and finishing our science unit on Balls and Ramps.  On top of everything else reading, writing and math-can you here me yelling "CALGON!!"

Wanting:  Wishing I could just relax and spend the day with family, but planning is calling my name so off I go to get 'er done so it is not hanging over my head.

Needing:  My mom is coming into town this week for a few days and will be spending some of her time with us.  I love having her visit-but always feel in a panic because my house never seems as clean as hers!

Pageant Title:  This really fits into many parts of my life-personal and professional.  I always say today will be the day that...and I truly believe myself that I can do it and then something (whether food or meeting or lack of organization) gets in my way!  Nothing like not owning it, hey!



center>

6 comments:

  1. Assess, Assess, Assess... yup. I think we all feel the same way. Breathe and know you are not alone and do the best you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first currently. Welcome to the blogging club :). It's funny how Sundays mean different things to teacher than the rest of the world....

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good intentions...I feel like that could be my middle name! It's crazy how such a short month is so packed full. Your blog is so cute!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lesson plans sound like mine...they don't really let you enjoy anything else until you give them attention. I'd rather spend my time like you--listening to my dog (black lab mix) snore. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of "Currently"! Hope all that school work gets done soon so you can eat snacks and watch commercials tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Criminal Minds! I hope you were able to enjoy your day a little before the lesson planning!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete