Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Did You Know???

Does your school district have state testing in Kindergarten?  
In Wisconsin, we use PALS.  
Today, I went to a meeting that was all about how to use PALS data to drive our reading instruction.  I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to come away with a few aha's and a few reminders of things that I knew, but forgot over time.  
Did you know, that if you go to their website, they have 3 different lesson plan formats to use according to where your group is in reading?  Some said that they found this to be very useful in their planning and that they weren't fumbling for things to do!  
They also have a section where you can go in and check how your students performed the year before.  
Also, we learned the order to teach concepts where students did not meet benchmark or needed a bit more instruction. I am anxious to go back to my classroom and try a few of these things to see if they will help make my teaching more streamline and efficient!  Let's hope so!
Here are a couple of the handouts that we got that I found to be helpful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment